Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Own denial

And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.
Luke 9:23-24

He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
John 12:25

Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seems to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
1 Corinthians 3:18

We are fools for Christ's sake, but all of you are wise in Christ; we are weak, but all of you are strong; all of you are honourable, but we are despised.
Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place;
And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
Being defamed, we implore: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the waste of all things unto this day.
1 Corinthians 4:10-13

For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1 Corinthians 9:19

Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.
1 Corinthians 10:24

Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.
1 Corinthians 10:33

Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths often.
Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
Three times was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, three times I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
In journeys often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.
Beside those things that are without, that which comes upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
2 Corinthians 11:23-28

But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
Galatians 6:14

Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Philippians 2:4

For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.
For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.
Philippians 2:20-21

1 comment:

Es hora de ser real said...

Jer 17:9 Engañoso es el corazón más que todas las cosas, y perverso; ¿quién lo conocerá?

1Ti 4:16 Ten cuidado de ti mismo y de la doctrina; persiste en ello, pues haciendo esto, te salvarás a ti mismo y a los que te oyeren.

Heb 12:14 Seguid la paz con todos, y la santidad, sin la cual nadie verá al Señor.
Heb 12:15 Mirad bien, no sea que alguno deje de alcanzar la gracia de Dios; que brotando alguna raíz de amargura, os estorbe, y por ella muchos sean contaminados;

Pro 4:23 Sobre toda cosa guardada, guarda tu corazón;
Porque de él mana la vida.

This was your life...